Thursday, November 8

Question #4

How do you want to be remembered?

Your epitaph is already half written. Decide how it ends.


My Nona Cash was a force with which to be reckoned. She was the true matriarch of the Cash Clan. Nona died when I was thirteen, so my impression of who she was is from a child's perspective. I remember her hugs and sitting in her lap and watching her cook. But her greatest legacy - the one that sticks with me the most? Nona as evangelist. The Lord used her to bring my Grandad to Christ - a man who led his church for many years as an influential elder. Nona & Grandad had three sons, two of whom serve as elders in their own churches today. There were eleven cousins produced, almost all faithful Christians. I think there is something like 37 kids in the next generation being taught to love the Lord and live a life in service to Him. That's Nona's legacy. That's a legacy worth pursuing.

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

I have always wanted to have tea with Nona on my porch. :-) Jeff speaks of her with as much love and admiration as you do...for exactly the same reasons. I wish I could have met her...Someday I will.

Steve Maxwell said...

Praise God for godly legacies. Thanks for the post Kristi.