Sunday, November 18

My PUMP Morning

Walking three blocks in the rain with Connor & Fiona. Laughing with Joe. With no voice of my own, listening to the beautiful singing. Focusing on Ike's words. Being distracted by disruptive kids. Karla's It is Well. Holding Sariyah in my lap. Thankful communion. Praying with Leah. Telling pre-schoolers the story of Mara (blek!). Older kids cooperating to put together a puzzle. Elbow to elbow people of different colors, ages, backgrounds, & financial standing. Special play time with Isaiah. Catching up with Kristi B. Walking home in the rain.

8 comments:

Chelsea said...

I'm glad to see all is well! AND I'm glad to see that Noah is back around!! :)

Sarah Megan said...

Oh PUMP Sundays.

Not going to lie...It is Well is not my fav, but it is better when I hear it at PUMP.
And I definitely miss holding kids in my lap. I loved never being empty lapped....it is the best feeling pretty much EVER

Steve Maxwell said...

Thanks Kristi. You already know - I Miss It! God bless!

J. B. said...

I miss those mornings. I can't wait for the next time I'm there.

Lori Ann said...

That is how church should be...it is the best!

Kenli Shea said...

That was good. Miss it a ton. Love ya. Please tell Joey hey for me. His phone will not work. Maybe it is a sign but I refuse that it is.

sarah said...

what a great place. We miss you guys! We will be coming home a day earlier than church so don't get to see you guys this portland trip. Hopefully soon though!

Leah said...

Thank you again, friend.