Wednesday, November 21

Thank You

Appreciation can make a day, even change a life. Your willingness to put it into words is all that is necessary. - Margaret Cousins
Today I answered the door in my striped t-shirt and plaid pajama bottoms (I had been thrown up on & had to change in the dark) to be handed a lovely basket of goodies by a dear friend and a gaggle of cute kids. Being a bit hazy in thought, I rudely did not invite them in (please accept my apologies!). Along with candles, relaxing music, chocolate, and girly lotions and body washes, I was pleasantly surprised to find a kind note of appreciation from my church family, expressing their thanks for me and my work for PUMP. I was washed over with a deep appreciation of my own - for a church that stretches and loves and seeks to be the hands of Jesus to our community and to each other.

Thank you.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

That is so sweet. You are greatly appreciated, for many things. But doesn't it just make you feel great when you are acknowledged!?