Monday, November 26

I Look Good With a Gold Lasso

We just finished another exciting episode of Heroes, a tv show about people coming to terms with their extraordinary and sometimes unusual gifts. There's the boy who can control electricity and the girl who instantly self-heals. One girl can learn anything by simply observing (aka a Matrix download). Then there's some of the regular talents - walking through walls, flying, time travel, mind reading. If you could choose your superhero gift, what would it be? I think I have to go with the instant learning gig. Can you imagine? Take in one Bruce Lee flick and then go kick the tails of all the neighborhood bad guys. Today I think I'd like to be a world class downhill skier! Find Picabo Street playing on ESPN classics and viola', play the American national anthem for me. Now I just need to find a good costume. Edna!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

The learning gig would definitely be cool. I think I will have to consider that one for longer, but ever since I Super Grover, I have wanted to fly.

Jennifer B. Davis said...

I agree with the learning. If there was a download option, I'd already know how to play the piano and guitar, to program complex websites, to speak several languages, and a host of other things.

Kristi said...

Could I clone myself? One of me in class learning it all - one of me working on assignments due tomorrow and the next day - one of me sleeping and one of me shoping for Christmas - oh and maybe one of me cleaning my house. And of course one of me having lunch with you! Then at the end of the day all of mes could get together and talk about what happened. Is that a superpower?

phyllis said...

Mind reading! To know what really pleases people, to make them happy, and how to avoid offending them. Also, when people are troubled to be able to reach in and fix it.

Anonymous said...

Actually Phyllis did not comment, it was Glenn. Now if I could only understand the mind of a computer. I posted it with my account, but it knows that Phyllis is really the spokesperson.

In case it does it again,
Glenn said the above - that is Glenn, as in Dad