Sunday, November 4

Clearing Out the Clutter

I spent much of this weekend packing up my brother's house for their move across town. There is nothing like rifling through drawers and closets to remind us of how much extra clutter we have in our lives. I guess it would have been easier just to look in my basement, though, to learn that lesson. Despite my recent valiant efforts to single-handedly supply thrift stores with years worth of fodder, I would bet there are a dozen boxes that we have yet to even open since we moved in two years ago. Obviously these are not greatly needed items in our life. Even if we did desire some boxed away treasure at some point, we would have no idea where to find it; we'd either have to give up said need or buy a replacement. I'm not really sure why I ever thought I should keep every set of notes in every notebook from every college and grad school class I ever took. These will be a great resource! Maybe, just maybe, in the era before the internet that could make some sense. But now? They are just boxes taking up space - space that could be better used as a place to exercise or sort laundry. So here's to de-cluttering. Here's to sorting through boxes to clear the excess away. Here's to convenient thrift store drop off sites. And maybe this winter, here's to using Psych 101 papers as fire starter.

4 comments:

Sarah Megan said...

Psych 101 is a good class....
I still have my notes from freshman year 101.
LOL.

rebecca marie said...

i used to have your email address somewhere, but i can't find it!!

i want you to see the pictures i just put up on my blog.

i have few women friends who love the sports, so i know you'll appreciate it!

Unknown said...

Go and be freed from what the rubbish that binds you down! More power to you!

Steve Maxwell said...

I am constantly throwing stuff out. I still have some bachelor tendencies. :-)