Monday, November 12

Boys Will Be Boys. Girls Will Be...

Boys tend to draw trouble to themselves. As a parent of a boy, I look forward with fear and trepidation and a sense of curiosity and bemusement to the antics that will undoubtedly find Connor in the years ahead. With three older brothers, I saw this principle often at work. There was the neighbor's flooded basement, the principal's office filled with newspaper, the classroom filled with mace, and BB guns used to shoot just about anything. A friend told me the other day how he filled a lady's station wagon with dirt and used his dad's record collection as frisbees. I always assumed this was an issue for the male gender since I personally never found the attraction to such revelry. I was probably just too busy, though, protecting my dolls and the small animals of the world from explosions and various forms of torture to partake in the nuisance making. So I have been a little surprised that my sweet, innocent eldest daughter has found herself in the middle of several...shall we call them..."adventures". The latest involves a garage remote and magic tricks. She and her cousin were magically causing the garage door to lift and lower - just by commanding it to do so! It's true - I saw it myself. What happened next I did not see coming, mostly because I told them to stop playing with the remote. They must have thought, "Ah, a call for the finale! We must really show our stuff now!" Here is where they pushed the remote for the door to close and then...yes, you got it...threw the remote under the closing door - kind of like Indiana Jones' hat. Yes, of course we have another remote. Oh wait, you mean the one that Fiona took out in the rain that same week, causing it to short out. Hmmm...

Maybe I should warn the neighbors now.

2 comments:

Steve Maxwell said...

LOL! Oh Thanks so much for Kristi. That is golden. Please let us know how that ends. God bless

Sarah Megan said...

I agree with Big Steve.
This is priceless and well, quite Trin if we are honest about it :)