Tuesday, August 16

Summer Bliss

Things I love about summer...
  • fresh blackberries on my cereal
  • drying my kids off after they have insanely been jumping in the Arctic waves of the Pacific Ocean (I totally did the same thing as a child)
  • pulling weeds
  • picking blueberries (the easiest of the NW berries to pick - natural shade, no stooping & no thorns)
  • watching dragonflies and butterflies dance in the flowers
  • napping on the beach
  • the sunsets
  • barbecued corn on the cob
  • wearing sunglasses & flip-flops
  • sunlight until 10 p.m.
  • nothing on t.v. worth watching (both a love and a hate)
  • ice cream cones
  • hiking Powell Butte with my family
  • ice tea
  • watching my husband mow the lawn
  • the stars

Yours?

7 comments:

c.hill said...

I love backpacking, camping under a canopy of stars, homemade ice cream, popsicles, flip-flops, sprinkers, the hum of the oscillating fan in my bedroom window and the anticipation of a completed treehouse.

I have been enjoying your blog. Perhaps it will inspire me. In the words of my sister-in-law, "You have a gift in the way you use words." Thanks for sharing!

rebecca marie said...

my summer joy comes from watching my children. winter is my time.

rebecca marie said...

pssssst... over here.... i tagged you...

Jason Hill said...

I think my favorite part is all the light. I'll take long days over long nights anytime.

I'm also looking forward to getting back so I can have some of your blackberries. So save some for me.

kristi w said...

rebecca, I know, I know...I'm thinking!

KMiV said...

Saw Connor last night. Cast looks cool. Hunter said he "bwoke his awm."

rebecca marie said...

noooo! i'll never harass you to finish in a timely manner... take your time.