Sunday, April 2

Someone Stop This Rollercoaster!

When people use the "too busy" card for almost anything, especially something like blogging, I internally cringe. Because it isn't generally that we are too busy, but that we are making choices to spend our time in one way or another. One may have chosen to read a good book or watch Lost or reorganize the garage over something else, but it doesn't mean that one has been under some proverbial gun twenty-four/seven.

To quote a friend, I say all that to say... I was going to write about how I have truly been too busy to blog lately, although topics swirl through my mind daily. I could tell you about my husband being gone on another Luis Palau festival trip. I could tell you about the various family escapades the kids and I have been involved in since Jeff, Cheryl and the kids arrived from Uganda. I would love to share my new found appreciation for Poison Control after Connor and a cousin taste tested Grandaddy's pills. I'd love to share about a good book I just finished or a controversial blog and news topic that has been on my mind a lot. I could go on for days about all of the transitions happening at PUMP that make me hopeful and tearful all at the same time. Then there's all the pregnancy stuff - the daily comments about how I must be having twins or my due date is wrong, the continuing sleeplessness, the name game, the joyful anticipation, the cute antics of my two other kids getting mentally ready for this change.

So, there you have it in a nutshell - the Reader's Digest condenced version of my life this week. Gotta run. I know there is something else I'm supposed to be doing right now!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Well, I have little to comment other than an acknowledgement of my own extended lull in the blogging world. I guess you just took my "too busy" excuse away from me for the time when I do return. Though, I don't think I can really blame it on that either...

Johnathan M. Thomas said...

And I thought I was too busy... :-)

For me, as one who makes a living communicating with words, I realize more and more everyday, I really have nothing to say.

Keep strong, blog long.

peace.

Jennifer B. Davis said...

Reminds me of an old adage: "If you want to get something done, ask the busy person you know." Those who are really too busy find ways to accomplish more. Sounds like that is what your week has been about. Love you and love your blog!